Vilnius, Lithuania – 11 – 12 July 2023 - Second media advisory
- Lithuania will host a NATO Summit in Vilnius on 11-12 July 2023. The meetings will be chaired by the NATO Secretary General and will take place at LITEXPO – Lithuanian Exhibition and Congress Center, at Laisvės av. 5, 04215, Vilnius.
- Media accreditation for the event is now open. See details below.
- An international Media Centre, designated for the accredited media will operate at the Summit venue from the 9 to 12 July 2023. A NATO Summit Accreditation Office will operate at a separate location at Gedimino av. 60, 01110, Vilnius (the Visitor Centre of the Seimas).
- The media programme will be available online in late June / early July. To help with media travel plans, the Summit’s formal opening is expected in the afternoon on 11 July, and its end in the afternoon on 12 July 2023.
- Details about the programme and media logistics will be made available here. Please also check the NATO website and twitter accounts (@NATOPress and @NATO) for updates.
- All summit media events will be transmitted live by the Summit Host Broadcaster to the media centre, online and via satellite. Bilateral events between delegations are not a part of the official Summit programme. Details of these bilateral events should be sought from the delegations concerned.
MEDIA ACCREDITATION IS OPEN
- Media representatives wishing to cover the Summit in person (including those with an annual accreditation with NATO) will need to register via NATO's media accreditation platform: https://my.hq.nato.int. Please find instructions on eligibility and how to log in or create a new profile here.
- The deadline to register and apply for media accreditation is 25 June 23h59.
- Media representatives need to apply as soon as possible to allow sufficient time for processing their requests. Due to high demand, late applications will not be considered.
- NATO will confirm the accreditation by email explicitly, via the email address used to register, together with details about how media representatives can pick up their accreditation. Please bring a printout of the confirmation email when collecting your badge.
- Due to space limitations, NATO recommends media organisations to limit their physical presence on site.
- A media pass for the NATO Vilnius Summit 2023 will be provided in-person in the Accreditation Office upon presentation of an ID card or passport. It is mandatory to bring:
- the same ID document that you used to apply for accreditation online,
- together with the same proof of media status (press card and/or Letter from your Editor)
- and confirmation email in order to receive your pass.
Unless you present these three documents, you will not be given your media accreditation pass.
- Passes must be visible at all times. Security personnel may ask to see another form of ID. Please arrive early to clear security checks. Security personnel will examine and may test equipment and personnel effects.
- In accordance with NATO media accreditation procedures, NATO reserves the right to deny or withdraw accreditation of media representatives from media organisations who abuse their privileges, put the accreditation to improper use, or act in a way not consistent with the principles of the organisation.
- The Accreditation Office will be accessible by Vilnius city public transport, shuttle busses, taxi or car. A limited parking lot will be available next to A. Tumėnas str. 4, which is 500 meters from the Accreditation Office.
- The Media Centre can only be reached via the dedicated shuttle bus service departing from / returning to the Accreditation Office. Media representatives will not be able to get to, or exit the Summit venue directly.
MEDIA CENTRE - FACILITIES
- The Media Centre will offer:
- A press working area, including CCTV, Wi-Fi as well as wired internet connection.
- A limited number of TV and radio editing booths.
- A press conference area with informal media huddle positions and briefing rooms of different sizes.
- An information desk and access to the NATO and Lithuanian media teams.
- Catering area.
- A limited number of outdoor and indoor stand-up positions.
- Satellite van parking.
- Live TV feed signal.
- A fully equipped TV studio wired for live transmission (only for the leaders’ engagements).
- Limited space for TV networks wishing to set up their own studios (equipped with armchairs & low tables).
- Working space in the Media Centre’s general working area does not need to be pre-booked and can be used on first come-first-serve basis.
- The TV and radio editing booths, the indoor and outdoor stand-up positions need to be booked in advance. Look for more details in the Broadcasting chapter bellow.
- Visual media will be able to cover the main summit events based on a pool system. More details about pool opportunities will be provided together with the media programme.
- Journalists accepting a NATO pool position must share immediately all information and material collected while in the pool with any accredited media that request it, at no charge and with no restriction on the use of the material for news purposes. Media organisations that want pooled images should first contact the wire service / photo agency of which they are a client. Media representatives and news organisations must identify that it is pooled material every time it is used. Pooled material can only be used for legitimate news purposes and it cannot be sold.
- All Summit’s events open to the media will be transmitted live and will be available via satellite (on world feed), on the CCTV screens in the Media Centre and on the NATO website. High quality TV feed will be available in the Media Centre free of charge.
- Broadcast-quality B-roll will be available for free download from the NATO Multimedia Portal. Journalists need to register to the portal to be able to download videos: https://www.natomultimedia.tv/portal/Register.html. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Transcripts of the Secretary General’s public remarks, as well as pictures taken by NATO photographers will be available on the NATO website.
- The Media Centre will include a limited number of bookable editing booths for television and radio. Requests for booking should be addressed to Media.Bookings@VilniusSummit.lt before July 3, 2023.
- The following complimentary amenities will be available in the editing booths:
- Desks and working space for 3-4 people.
- Light, electricity (230v on 2-pin distribution boards), lockable door.
- Wi-Fi and cabled internet.
- TV screens.
- Access to the video feed.
- Outdoor stand-up positions near the Media Centre, with a view on the Summit venue, and the indoor stand-up positions, with a view on the general filing area, will be available. They will be equipped with the electric power, internet connection.
- Broadcaster who plan for continuous live coverage can book a dedicated stand-up position at Media.Bookings@VilniusSummit.lt, no later than July 3, 2023.
- A fully equipped TV studio wired for live transmission will also be available only for the engagements with leaders. Booking requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limited space is available for broadcasters who wish to set up their studio for continuous live coverage. Basic amenities will be available (backdrop, access to electricity and internet). For bookings and further details please contact Media.Bookings@VilniusSummit.lt by July 3, 2023.
- Broadcasters can park satellite vans in the outdoor car park near the Media Centre, approximately 350 meters from the outdoor stand-up positions and 350 m from the TV studios area.
- Satellite vans will have access to electrical power, wired internet and primary feed. TV teams should bring their own cables to connect.
- Limited fibre connection from the editing booths area and interior stand-up positions to the satellite vans parking will be available. Specific requirements and technical questions can be sent to Media.Bookings@VilniusSummit.lt
- Media representatives can bring their bulky equipment and satellite vans to the Media Centre on July 9 on appointment. Please contact Media@VilniusSummit.lt by July 3, 2023. Their departure would be possible on 13 July, 8h00-15h00.
- Meals, soft drinks and snacks will be available for purchase throughout opening hours of the Media Centre. Payments by international credit cards and in cash will be accepted.
- Three complimentary meals (lunch & dinner on July 11 and lunch on July 12) will be provided in the Media Centre. Tea, coffee and water will be available free of charge during the opening hours of the Media Centre.
PUBLIC DIPLOMACY EVENT
- During the Summit, the NATO Public Forum will be organized at the Summit’s venue by the NATO Public Diplomacy Division, together with the Eastern Europe Studies Centre, the German Marshall Fund of the United States, the Munich Security Conference and the Atlantic Council of the United States. The agenda will be available closer to the Summit.
ACCOMMODATION AND TRANSPORTATION
- Media representatives are invited to book accommodation in recommended media hotels, contacting the hotels directly. The list is available here. Media representatives also are welcome to make their accommodation arrangements independently. Further information on accommodation can be asked from NATOVilnius.Hotels@urm.lt
- The Host Country will arrange transportation for media representatives between the Vilnius Airport, the Accreditation Office and hotels recommended for media, as well as between the Accreditation Office and the Media Centre.
- Information on the shuttle busses lines and timetables will be made available to accredited media closer to the Summit.
TRAVELLING TO LITHUANA FOR THE NATO SUMMIT – VISAS
- Journalists who need a visa to enter Lithuania will be responsible for making their own arrangements. Information on whether a foreigner requires a visa is available on the webpage of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania here: https://keliauk.urm.lt/en
- For information on how to apply for the entry visa to Lithuania please visit the webpage or contact the responsible Lithuanian visa authority or the Schengen Member state representing the Republic of Lithuania on the Schengen visa issue. The list of Lithuanian visa authorities is available here. For visa related questions please write to NATOVilnius.Visas@urm.lt.
- When planning arrival/ departure, please check the latest information regarding flight information including airspace regulation at Lithuanian airport website here.
- Please send your enquiry to the appropriate email address:
- Accreditation for international media: NATOaccreditations@hq.nato.int
- General logistics, pool requests: Summitmediaoperations@hq.nato.int
- Bookings TV/Radio edit booths: Media.Bookings@VilniusSummit.lt
- Bookings stand – ups: Media.Bookings@VilniusSummit.lt
- Satellite vans & equipment: Media.Bookings@VilniusSummit.lt
- Access with bulky equipment: Media.Bookings@VilniusSummit.lt
- TV Studio: email@example.com
- B-roll and video distribution: firstname.lastname@example.org
NATO Summit Media Coordination
Ms Alina COCA – Summitmediaoperations@hq.nato.int
Lithuanian Media Coordination
Ms Justė LAUKAGALĖ – Media@VilniusSummit.lt
Media queries on substance (Summit content) and interview requests:
For NATO: Contact the NATO Press Office
For Lithuania: contact Ms Kristina BELIKOVA, Adviser to the President of the Republic of Lithuania: email@example.com