Press conference by the NATO Secretary General following the meeting of the NATO-Russia Council (Revised)
Brussels, 12 January 2022
On Wednesday 12 January 2022, a meeting of the NATO Russia Council will take place at NATO Headquarters.
After the meeting, the NATO Secretary General, Mr. Jens Stoltenberg, will brief the media in his capacity as Chair of the NATO-Russia Council.
±09:30 Photo opportunity before the start of the meeting (by invitation only)
10:00 Start of the NATO-Russia Council
±13:30 Press conference by NATO Secretary General (Press Theatre, NATO HQ)
Attendance in person:
- NATO will allow a limited number of media representatives to cover the event in person.
- Media representatives who have annual accreditation to NATO can attend the press conference in person, if they present their 2022 pass and a valid COVID certificate upon arrival at NATO HQ (more details here).
- To ensure sufficient physical distancing, access to the press conference of the NATO Secretary General will be on first come-first served basis.
NATO will also facilitate remote coverage/interaction:
- Journalists can apply to ask questions remotely via Zoom during the NATO Secretary General’s press conference. Those wishing to do so need to register until Tuesday 11 January 2022 at 23:59 (Brussels Time) by writing to NATOAccreditations@hq.nato.int. Please use as subject line: 12 Jan NRC – ATTENDANCE VIA ZOOM.
- Media will be contacted separately for technical details.
Broadcast / Online
A transcript of the Secretary General’s remarks during the press conference, as well as pictures taken by NATO photographers during the events will be available on the NATO website.
Access to NATO HQ
Accredited media will be able to enter the NATO HQ premises as of 8:00.
Physical access to NATO HQ will be granted only if one of the conditions below is met (as also outlined here):
- Possess a vaccination certificate proving that they are fully vaccinated since 14 days before entering NATO HQ premises;
- Bring a certificate stating post-COVID recovery (not more than 180 days);
- Present a valid PCR test (done within 72 hours).
Irina Novakova Telephone:
+32 (0)2 707 1003
Press and Media Section
Tel: +32 (0)2 707 50 41
Accreditation / Registrations
Mr. Angelo Pacifico