Meeting of NATO Ministers of Foreign Affairs
Brussels, 23-24 March 2021
A meeting of the North Atlantic Council (NAC) at the level of Ministers of Foreign Affairs will be held in person on 23 and 24 March 2021. All information about the meeting will be on the NATO website.
The meeting will be chaired by the NATO Secretary General, Jens Stoltenberg.
In order to comply with the COVID-19 precautionary measures in place, physical presence at NATO HQ will be limited, including media presence.
A small number of media representatives who hold annual accreditation at NATO will be allowed to cover the Ministerial meeting in person. Those interested need to register in advance. NATO Press and Media will be in touch to confirm attendance.
Journalists attending in person will be required to go through temperature screening upon arrival, respect social distancing and wear a face mask everywhere and at all times during their stay at NATO HQ.
All other media representatives can follow the Ministerial meeting remotely.
NATO will facilitate media coverage of the Ministerial meeting as follows:
- The press conferences of the NATO Secretary General will be streamed in real time on the NATO website (www.nato.int), as well as on Twitter and Facebook, and made available live via satellite (world feed). After each press conference, the video will be available for free download from the NATO Multimedia Portal (www.natomultimedia.tv).
- A transcript of the Secretary General’s remarks, as well as pictures taken by NATO photographers, will be available on the NATO website.
- Registration for attendance in person closed on 18 March at 18:00 (Brussels time).
- Those following the meeting remotely will have the opportunity to ask questions during the Secretary General’s press conferences.
- Media representatives can submit their interest in asking a question to the Secretary General via Zoom here: https://SG-ForMin-Mar2021.eventbrite.com, no later than 22 March 2021 at 09:00 (Brussels time). While every effort will be made to accommodate as many questions as possible, time limitations might not allow all questions to be asked.
- The press conferences will be available in original sound, English, French and Russian.
PROGRAMME AND MEDIA OPPORTUNITIES
The meeting will start on 23 March 2021 at noon and will end on 24 March 2021 in the early afternoon. The Secretary General will brief the press on both days of the event. More details will be announced at a later date.
A pre-ministerial press conference by the Secretary General’s will take place on 22 March 2021.
The media programme and information on the available audio-visual products will be published closer to the ministerial meeting on the dedicated page on the NATO website.
Information about individual ministers’ media programmes and media engagements should be sought directly from the national delegation(s) concerned. A list of NATO delegation press officers is available from NATO Press & Media.
Telephone: +32 (0)2 707 5041
Telephone: +32 (0)2 707 12 27
Follow us on Twitter (@NATOPress, @jensstoltenberg and @NATO)