Extraordinary virtual summit of NATO Heads of State and Government (updated)
NATO Heads of State and Government will meet via secure teleconference on Friday 25 February 2022, to discuss the security situation in and around Ukraine.
The meeting will be chaired by the NATO Secretary General, Mr. Jens Stoltenberg. He will brief the press after the meeting, from NATO Headquarters.
14:30 (CET) CANCELLED Doorstep of the NATO Secretary General
15:00 Public opening remarks by the NATO Secretary General
17:00 Press conference by the NATO Secretary General
- Media representatives who have annual accreditation for 2022 can cover in person from NATO Headquarters - if they present a valid COVID certificate upon arrival at NATO HQ (more details here). Annually accredited media can access the premises as of 9:00 (CET).
- The public opening remarks of the Secretary General will be streamed live on the NATO website and available in real time on EBU News Exchange. A restricted pool will cover this event, by invitation only.
- The press conference will be streamed live on the NATO website, and made available in real time on EBU World feed.
- NATO will also facilitate remote interaction during this press conference. To declare interest to ask a question to the Secretary General, journalists need to register by 15:00 (CET) on 25 February 2022, by emailing NATOAccreditations@hq.nato.int. Please put ‘REMOTE 25 February’ as subject of your email. Registered journalists will be contacted separately with technical details.
- Transcripts of the public opening remarks and of the press conference, as well as photos, will be available on the NATO website after the event, The video will be available for free download from the NATO Multimedia Portal.
Ms. Irina Novakova
Tel: +32 (0)2 707 1003
Press and Media Section
Tel: +32 (0)2 707 50 41
Accreditation / Registrations
Ms. Ester Hodaj
Tel: +32 (0)2 707 19 49
NATO Video on demand
Tel: +32 (0)2 707 12 27