Meeting of NATO Ministers of Foreign Affairs - Brussels, 01-02 December 2020 (online event)
- A meeting of the North Atlantic Council (NAC) at the level of Ministers of Foreign Affairs will be held via secure teleconference on 01 and 02 December 2020. All information about the meeting will be on the NATO website.
- The meeting will be chaired by the NATO Secretary General, Jens Stoltenberg.
- Media representatives will NOT have physical access to NATO HQ to cover the ministerial meeting. Precautionary measures are in place at NATO Headquarters to limit the further spread of the COVID-19 virus, including restricted access to visitors, media and non-essential staff.
- NATO will facilitate remote media coverage as follows:
- The press conferences of the Secretary General will be broadcast live on the NATO website (www.nato.int), as well as on Twitter and Facebook, and available live via satellite (worldfeed). After each event, the videos will be available for free download from the NATO Multimedia Portal (www.natomultimedia.tv). Pictures taken by NATO photographers will be available on the NATO website.
- NATO is offering media representatives the option to ask questions remotely to the NATO Secretary General during his press conferences. Media representatives wishing to do so are kindly requested to register on https://NatoForMin-Dec2020.eventbrite.com by no later than 29 November 2020 at 15:00 (Brussels time).
PROGRAMME AND MEDIA OPPORTUNITIES
- The meeting will start on 01 December 2020 in the afternoon and will end on 02 December 2020 in the afternoon. The Secretary General will brief the press online on both days of the event. More details will be announced at a later date.
- A pre-ministerial press conference by the Secretary General’s will take place online on 30 November 2020.
- The media programme and information on the available audio-visual products will be published closer to the ministerial meeting on the dedicated page on the NATO website.
- Information about individual ministers’ media programmes and media engagements should be sought directly from the national delegation(s) concerned. A list of NATO delegation press officers is available from the Press & Media Section.
Ms. Irina Novakova
Telephone: +32 (0)2 707 1003
Press and Media Section
Telephone: +32 (0)2 707 50 41
Mr Angelo Pacifico
Telephone: +32 (0)2 707 83 46
Technical support for questions during online press conferences
Mr. Bart Vandendorpe
TV & Radio arrangements via satellite
Mr. Bart Vandendorpe