Trident Juncture 18
It is happening in the air, on land and at sea. Around 50,000 personnel from NATO Allies and partner countries are testing their ability to operate together to defend our populations and territories and deter potential adversaries in NATO’s biggest exercise in recent years.<!IoRangePreExecute>
- When: from 25 October to 7 November 2018.
- Who: Around 50,000 participants from 31 NATO and partner countries.
- Components: Around 250 aircraft, 65 vessels and up to 10,000 vehicles.
- Location: Central and eastern Norway; the surrounding areas of the North Atlantic and the Baltic Sea, including Iceland and the airspace of Finland and Sweden.
- Objective: To ensure that NATO forces are trained, able to operate together, and ready to respond to any threat from any direction.
- Commander: Admiral James G. Foggo, Commander of NATO's Allied Joint Force Command Naples, is responsible for conducting the exercise.