NATO MULTIMEDIA ACCOUNT

Access NATO’s broadcast-quality video content free of charge

Register

Create an account

Create an account

Check your inbox and enter verification code

We have sent a verification code to your email address. . Enter the code to verify your account. This code will expire in 30 minutes.
Verification code

Didn't receive a code? Send new Code

You have successfully created your account

From now on you can download videos from our website

Subscribe to our newsletter

If you would also like to subscribe to the newsletter and receive our latest updates, click on the button below.

Reset password

Enter the email address you registered with and we will send you a code to reset your password.

Reset password
Check your inbox and enter verification code
We have sent a verification code to your email address. Enter the code to verify your account. This code will expire in 30 minutes.
Verification code

Didn't receive a code? Send new Code

Create a new password

The password must be at least 12 characters long, no spaces, include upper/lowercase letters, numbers and symbols.

Your password has been updated

Click the button to return to the page you were on and log in with your new password.

On Wednesday (12 February 2020) NATO held a ceremony to mark the conclusion of a Memorandum of Understanding between four nations for the provision of critical satellite communications services to NATO for the next 15 years.

The memorandum between France, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States enables the four Allies to provide space capacity from their military satellite communications (SATCOM) programmes to NATO. Nations began delivering the capability on 1 January 2020.

At the ceremony, the Assistant Secretary General for Defence Investment Camille Grand said:

"NATO depends on space for a wide range of activities, from intelligence gathering and navigation, to tracking forces around the globe and detecting missile launches". Adding that space is essential for the Alliance's deterrence and defence, he said that "NATO also aims to serve as a forum for political-military consultations and information sharing on relevant deterrence and defence related space developments".

Last year, NATO authorized 1 billion EUR for satellite communications (SATCOM) services for the next 15 years. The NATO Communications and Information (NCI) Agency is responsible for operating the satellite communications capability to deliver services to NATO.  The NCI Agency coordinated the agreement with the service-providing Nations. This landmark agreement will provide a greater, more resilient and more flexible space capability for NATO to conduct its operations and exercises. National experts will be embedded with the NCI Agency to deliver this critical capability.

"I am proud that the NCI Agency has led the project from its inception", said NCI Agency General Manager Kevin J. Scheid.

This project is the successor to the NATO SATCOM Post-2000 project, which provided SATCOM services to NATO from 2005 to 2019.