Visit by His Majesty the King of Spain to NATO
His Majesty the King of Spain will pay an official visit to NATO Headquarters on Wednesday, 21 November 2018.<!IoRangePreExecute>
Programme of the visit
Welcome Handshake by the NATO Secretary General
Very Restricted Pool (2 Official photogs + 2 agency still photogs
Open coverage for visual & print media. No press statement. Live webstream.
Coverage by pool of visual media only. (Pool cards distribution at 9h20 at media position;
No tripods allowed, no sound feed; TV lights provided; Video footage web-streamed live online, on closed-circuit tv to media work room and available in broadcast quality)
Photos and b-roll video footage will be uploaded on the NATO website after the event.
ACCREDITATION AND SECURITY CHECKS
Media permanently accredited at NATO
Media representatives in possession of a new 2018 NATO media pass can access to the NATO HQ directly by tapping their badge at the turnstiles (NATO HQ Guard House South - GHS, media entrance, NATO Headquarters, Boulevard Leopold III 1110). Media representatives not in possession of a new 2018 NATO media pass can replace their old 2018 permanent badge at the GHS.
Ad-hoc accreditation (day-pass)
Media representatives not permanently accredited and wishing to attend the event are invited to request ad-hoc accreditation online here: https://my.hq.nato.int/. Please find instructions on how to create a profile in Annex 1. Confirmations will not be sent.
Deadline: no later than Tuesday 20 November 2018, 15h00 (Brussels Time).
Requests entered after the deadline are considered late; they will be delayed and may be refused. Media representatives who have submitted the request for accreditation via the Internet are encouraged to bring a print-out of the request confirmation.
The usual NATO accreditation procedures shall be applicable to this meeting. They are detailed here: https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/news_83620.htm?mode=pressrelease.
Media passes will not be mailed to applicants; they must be collected in person upon presentation of an ID card or passport and a valid national press pass (or accreditation letter from a recognized media organization) at the Guard House South, main Entrance, NATO Headquarters, Boulevard Leopold III 1110 from 08:00 AM.
Passes must be worn visibly at all times, and security personnel may ask to see another form of ID at any time. Media representatives are informed that security personnel will examine and may test equipment and personal effects carried onto the site and are advised to arrive with sufficient lead time to clear security checks.
(or weekend duty officer)
+32 (0)2 707 12 27
How to create a new profile in MIT https://my.hq.nato.int/ :
- To create a new profile, please select the New user option in the home page: https://my.hq.nato.int/ (Chrome or Mozilla Firefox work better with the platform)
- Avoid using special characters (with accents, etc.) when you upload your information on your profile, and ensure that the filename of your photo also does not contain special characters
- Note that for your address, you must insert your street name and house number in separate fields. Both fields are mandatory and cannot be left empty
- The size of the picture you wish to upload must be less than 100 KB. Using larger pictures can stop the application from working
- In case our site is blocked by your provider (most likely because of a firewall), it's best to use a device that uses a different channel to connect to the internet (4G or connection at home)
- If you have previously covered an event at NATO HQ and have lost your credentials, your existing credentials can be recovered by sending an email to NatoAccreditations@hq.nato.int.
Follow us on Twitter (@NATOPress and @jensstoltenberg.)