Chief of Defence – Iceland
Director General, Directorate of Security and Defence
Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Iceland
Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Iceland since 1999.
Main area of work and tasks within the foreign service:
- 2020 - Director General, Directorate of Security and Defence
- 2019-2020, Director General of GRÓ – International Centre for Capacity Development
- 2017 – 2019, Iceland's Senior Arctic Official
- 2016 - 2017, Deputy Chief of Mission to the Icelandic Embassy in Stockholm
- 2013 - 2016, Director for European Affairs
- 2009 - 2013, Member of the Negotiating Committee for Iceland's application for membership of the European Union
- 2009 - 2010, Director General, Directorate for Export Services
- 2006 - 2009, Deputy Chief of Mission to the Icelandic Embassy in Copenhagen
- 2002 - 2004, Executive Director of The Arctic Council Secretariat
- 2000 - 2001, First Secretary, Icelandic Embassy in Paris
- 1999 - 2000, First Secretary, Directorate for External Trade and Economic Affairs
1996-1999, specialist in EEA free movement of goods, The EFTA Surveillance Authority (ESA).
1995 - 1996 MA, European Studies, College of Europe, Brugge, Belgium.
1994 - 1995 Studied French, Université d’Aix-Marseille III, Aix-en-Provence, France.
1988 - 1991 BA, Sociology, Political Science, University of Iceland, Reykjavík, Iceland.
Icelandic, English, Danish, French.