Главный гражданский представитель НАТО в Афганистане – NATO Senior Civilian Representative in Afghanistan (designate)
On 17 November NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg appointed Ambassador Aramaz as the next NATO Senior Civilian Representative (SCR) in Afghanistan. Ambassador Aramaz is expected to take up his new post early 2015.
Born in Turkey in 1960.
Educated at the University of Kent at Canterbury and the London School of Economics.
Married, with two children (a daughter and a son).
- 2010-2013 Ambassador of Turkey to Bulgaria,
- 2007-2010 Deputy Director-General for International Political Organizations, MFA, Ankara,
- 2003-2007 Deputy Permanent Representative at the Turkish Delegation to NATO, Brussels,
- 2003-2003 Head of Department for International Political Organizations, Ankara,
- 2002-2003 Political Adviser to the ISAF Commander, Kabul,
- 2001-2002 Head of Department for Central Asia, Ankara,
- 1997-2001 Counsellor at the Turkish Delegation to NATO, Brussels,
- 1995-1997 First Secretary at the Arms Control Department, Ankara,
- 1992-1995 Second Secretary at the Turkish Embassy, Almaty,
- 1990-1992 Third Secretary at the Turkish Delegation to the CSCE, Vienna,
- 1989-1990 Vice-Consul at the Turkish Consulate-General, Jeddah,
- 1986-1989 Trainee diplomatic officer at the Department for Eastern Europe, MFA, Ankara.