NATO Secretary General to visit the Western Balkans
From 19 to 22 November 2023, the NATO Secretary General, Mr Jens Stoltenberg, will visit Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Serbia and North Macedonia.
On Sunday, 19 November, the NATO Secretary General will travel to Bosnia and Herzegovina, where he will have a working dinner with the members of the Presidency.
On Monday, 20 November, Secretary General Stoltenberg will meet the High Representative for Bosnia and Herzegovina, Mr Christian Schmidt. He will also meet the Chairlady of the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ms Borjana Krišto. Mr Stoltenberg will visit NATO Headquarters Sarajevo and have meetings with military leaders and representatives of the international community.
On the same day, the Secretary General will continue his trip to Kosovo, where he will have discussions with Ms Vjosa Osmani-Sadriu and Mr Albin Kurti. He also visit NATO’s KFOR Camp Nothing Hill, where he will meet KFOR’s Commander Major General Ulutaş, and address the troops. He will also meet with the Director of the NATO Advisory and Liaison Team, Brigadier General Hammerstein.
On Tuesday, 21 November, the Secretary General will be in Belgrade. He will have meetings with the President of Serbia, Mr Aleksandar Vučić and the Prime Minister, Ms Ana Brnabić. Mr Stoltenberg will also engage with Serbian scientists who will present technology developed in the context of NATO’s Science for Peace and Security projects.
Later that day, Mr Stoltenberg will travel to the Republic of North Macedonia to meet with President Stevo Pendarovski and the Prime Minister, Mr Dimitar Kovačevski. The Secretary General will also meet the President of the Assembly of North Macedonia, Mr Talat Xhaferi, and give a speech to the parliament.
On Wednesday, 22 November, the Secretary General will participate in a meeting with Allied leaders from the region. The Prime Minister of Albania, Mr Edi Rama; the President of Croatia, Mr Zoran Milanović; the Prime Minister of Montenegro, Mr Milojko Spajić; and the Prime Minister of Slovenia, Mr Robert Golob, have been invited to attend.
Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 20th November, 09:15 (CET) Joint press conference by the Secretary General with the Chairwoman of the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 20th November, 16:10 (CET) Joint press conference by the Secretary General with Ms Osmani-Sadriu of Kosovo
- 21st November 09:50 (CET) Joint press conference by the Secretary General with the President of Serbia
Republic of North Macedonia
- 21st November 16:30 (CET) Joint press conference by the Secretary General with the Prime Minister of North Macedonia
- 21st November 17:20 (CET) Address to the Assembly of the Republic of North Macedonia by the Secretary General
- 22nd November 09:28 (CET) Doorstep statements by the NATO Secretary General and the Prime Minister of North Macedonia
- 22nd November 11:40 (CET) Joint press conference by the Secretary General with regional Allied leaders.
The Secretary General’s press conferences, as well as his doorstep statements with the Prime Minister of North Macedonia and his address to the Assembly of North Macedonia, will be streamed live on the NATO website.
Transcripts of the Secretary General’s engagements, as well as photographs, will be available on the NATO website after the events.
For more information:
Follow us on X (formerly Twitter)