Trident Juncture 2018 Press Conference (Revised)
NATO Headquarters, Tuesday 9 October 2018 – 11:30 (local time)
11:30 - Pre-briefing on NATO exercise Trident Juncture 2018
The NATO Deputy Spokesperson, Piers Cazalet, will moderate a press conference by Admiral James G. Foggo, Commander of the Allied Joint Force Command in Naples, Italy, and Lieutenant General Rune Jakobsen, Commander of the Norwegian Joint Headquarters in Bodø, Norway, to brief the press about the upcoming NATO exercise Trident Juncture 2018.
Location – NATO Headquarters, Brussels, Media Centre Press Room
Coverage and distribution
The press briefing will be available in original sound live on NATO’s website. Original sound, as well as an English, French and Russian version will be available on the NATO website after the event.
Accreditation and access
- Media representatives in possession of a new 2018 NATO media pass can access to the NATO HQ directly by tapping their badge at the turnstiles (NATO HQ Guard House South, media entrance, full address below).
- Media representatives not in possession of a new 2018 NATO media pass can replace their old 2018 permanent badge by following the instructions in Annex 1.
- Media representatives not permanently accredited and wishing to attend the event are invited to request ad-hoc accreditation directly at the main entrance of NATO HQ on 09 October, starting from 09:00. They will have to present an ID and a valid press card (provided by a recognised national professional body of a NATO country – i.e. Government, Professional association, Union of journalists).
- Media representatives not in possession of a valid press card are invited to send a signed letter from their editor to the NATO Accreditation Office, no later than Monday 8 October – 17:00 (Brussels time) to NATOaccreditations@hq.nato.int
Media representatives should be aware that a security check will take place, and security personnel will examine equipment and personal effects carried onto the site.
Points of contact
Mr. Jean-Philippe Juneau
Tel: +32 (0)2 707 17 64
Tel: +32 (0)2 707 50 41
+32 (0)2 707 12 27
Follow us on Twitter (@NATOPress)
Replacement of old 2018 permanent NATO media passes
When: You can collect your new 2018 badge at the new NATO HQ Guard House South (GHS) until Wednesday 31 October.
Where: The GHS Pass Office opening hours are 06:00 until 19:00 (Monday to Friday, least busy times usually in the afternoon). The GHS is at the main entrance of the new NATO HQ (full address below).
- Please bring your old 2018 badge (if applicable) with you to exchange for the new one
- Please bring a copy of the confirmation email from NATO Accreditation Office and a valid ID
- A new photograph will be taken on site
Points of contact
If you have any technical questions about access and pass procedures, please contact Mr. David Demeulemeester NATO Pass Office (NPO) +32 (0) 2 707 3777, or his Deputy Ms. Sandy Deneys +32 (0) 2 707 4878, or the NATO Press Team on +32 (0)2 707 8346.
Address of the New NATO HQ: