Vice-admiral Charles-Édouard de Coriolis
Military Representative – France
Born in 1958 in Paris, Vice Admiral Charles Edouard de Coriolis joined the French Naval Academy in 1979. He has been the assistant to the Military Personal Staff Adviser to the President of the French Republic from September 2006 to May 2009, in charge of deterrence and intelligence issues. He served as Defence Attaché to the French Embassy in London from June 2009 to April 2012.
He held the position of Flag Officer Submarines from April 2012 to September 2014.
He has been appointed as French Milrep on September 24th, 2014.
Previous assignments and posts:
- Head of the submarine department at the Navy Staff (2005 – 2006) ;
- Commanding officer of SSBN “Le Téméraire” (2003 – 2005) ;
- French Joint Chief of Staff private office (2001 – 2003) ;
- Sea and shore training officer at the Submarine Squadron in Toulon (1998 – 2001) ;
- Commanding officer of SSN “Perle” from 1993 to 1997 with which he conducted the first SSN deployment in Indian ocean through the Suez canal ;
- Assigned to various submarines from 1983 to 2005.
- Ecole Navale (class 1979)
- Ecole des applications militaires de l’énergie atomique
- Ecole de guerre
- NATO Defense College
He holds several medals including the French Legion of Honour with the rank of “Commander”.
Vice Admiral de Coriolis is married to Natalie and the father of six.