“NATO in 2020: What Lies Ahead?”
- On 2-3 April, together with the Atlantic Treaty Association, the U.S. Atlantic Council, the Office franco-allemand pour la Jeunesse, the Ecole Nationale d’Administration (ENA) and France3 Alsace, NATO’s Public Diplomacy Division (PDD) will host a Youth Forum entitled “NATO in 2020: What Lies Ahead?”. The conference will take place on the margins of the Alliance’s 60th Anniversary Summit, which will be held from 3-4 April in Strasbourg, France and Kehl, Germany.
- The Secretary General of NATO, Mr. Jaap de Hoop Scheffer, will make remarks followed by a question-and-answer session on Thursday, 2 April at 06:00 p.m.
- The Forum will bring together some 300 students and young professionals from more than 50 countries in order to discuss future security challenges and NATO’s role in an evolving security environment.
- The official opening of the conference will take place on Thursday, 2 April at 15:00h with media presence. On Friday, 3 April, the participants will discuss broader perspective on security issues together with well-known security experts and high-level speakers from fields such as philosophy, human rights, economics and journalism
- The French philosopher Mr. Bernard-Henri Lévy will give an opening keynote on Friday, 3 April at 08:45 a.m.
- Confirmed speakers are: Mr. Claudio Cordone, Amnesty International, Dr. Dan Hamilton, Johns Hopkins University, Dr. Irina Kobrinskaya, PSI Foundation, Mr. Bernard-Henri Lévy, Philosopher, Mr. Edward Lucas, The Economist, Mr. Gideon Rachman, The Financial Times, Mr. Ahmed Rashid, Author, Dr. Tomas Ries, Swedish Institute for International Affairs, Mr. Ari Vatanen, Member of European Parliament . The panels will be moderated by Mr. Cherno Jobatey, Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen and Mr. Steven Erlanger, The New York Times.
The Forum will take place at the
Maison de la Radio
France 3 Alsace
Place de Bordeaux
Access to the Events
The Youth Forum will be open to all media accredited to the NATO Summit without prior registration.
For further details please contact Ms. Antonella Cerasino at firstname.lastname@example.org or +32 476 650385.
+32 474/963 833 (mobile).