Pre-ministerial press conference of the NATO Secretary General (hybrid)
On Wednesday 20 October 2021, at 15:00, the NATO Secretary General will brief the press ahead of the meeting of the NATO Ministers of Defence, which will take place on 21-22 October 2021.<!IoRangePreExecute>
15:00 (CEST) Press conference (in hybrid mode) by the Secretary General
- In order to comply with COVID-19 safety measures, a limited number of media representatives will be allowed to cover the event in person. In-person access to the press conference will be limited to those who have requested accreditation for the NATO Ministers of Defence of 21-22 October 2021.
- NATO will also facilitate remote coverage and interaction during this press conference. Journalists who have signed up to cover the Ministerial meetings remotely will be offered a chance to ask a question to the Secretary General during this event as well. Media representatives registered for remote engagement will be contacted separately for technical details. While every effort will be made to accommodate as many questions as possible, time limitations might not allow all questions to be asked.
- The press conference will be available live on the NATO website and via satellite, as well as on Twitter and Facebook. During the live transmission, the press conference will be available in original sound, English, French and Russian.
- Photos, videos as well as audio files in English, French and Russian will be available after the event on the NATO website.
- After the event, professional-quality videos and b-roll will be available for free download from the NATO Multimedia portal.
- The media programme of the Ministerial meetings will be available at a later date. Please check for updates regularly.
Ms. Irina Novakova
Tel: +32 (0)2 707 10 03
Tel: +32 (0)2 707 50 41
Accreditation / Registrations
Mr. Angelo Pacifico
TV & Radio arrangements on site and via satellite
Mr. Bart Vandendorpe
NATO Video on demand
Tel: +32 (0)2 707 12 27
Follow us on Twitter (@NATO, @jensstoltenberg and @NATOPress)