Extraordinary Meeting of NATO Ministers of Foreign Affairs
Brussels, 20 August 2021
An extraordinary virtual meeting of the North Atlantic Council (NAC) at the level of Ministers of Foreign Affairs will be held via secure teleconference on Friday 20 August 2021. NATO Foreign Ministers will discuss developments in Afghanistan.
The meeting will be chaired by the NATO Secretary General, Jens Stoltenberg.
All information about the meeting will be on the NATO website.
Program and media coverage
The meeting will start on 20 August 2021 at +14h00. The Secretary General is expected to brief the press after the meeting. The program and all media products will be made available here.
Media representatives will not have access to NATO HQ.
NATO will facilitate remote media coverage as follows:
- The Secretary General’s press conference will be broadcast live on the NATO website (www.nato.int), as well as on Twitter and Facebook, and made available live via satellite (world feed). Video recording will be available for free download from the NATO website (www.nato.int).
- NATO is offering journalists the option to ask questions remotely via Zoom to the NATO Secretary General during his press conference. Journalists wishing to do so are kindly requested to register at email@example.com by Friday 20 August 2021, 11h00.
- Registered media representatives will be contacted separately for technical details. While every effort will be made to accommodate as many questions as possible, time limitations might not allow all questions to be asked.
- A transcript of the Secretary General’s remarks, as well as pictures taken by NATO photographers, will be available on the NATO website.
- The press conferences will be available in original sound, English and French.
Ms. Coca Alina
Telephone: +32 (0)2 707 1465
Press and Media Section
Telephone: +32 (0)2 707 5041
Ms. Stefania Aghito
Technical support for questions during online press conference
Mr. Bart Vandendorpe
TV & Radio arrangements via satellite
Mr. Bart Vandendorpe
NATO Video on demand
Telephone: +32 (0)2 707 12 27