NATO Military Committee (MC) at the level of Chiefs of Defence
- The second session of the NATO Military Committee (MC) at the level of Chiefs of Defence will be held in person at NATO Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium on 18 May 2021. All information about this Military Committee in Chiefs of Defence session (MCCS) will be made available on the International Military Staff web page - www.nato.int/ims and via a link hosted on the NATO main website - www.nato.int
- The Chairman of the NATO Military Committee, Air Chief Marshal Sir Stuart Peach, will chair the meetings.
- Topics: NATO 2030, NATO Strategic Military Planning and Adaptation, NATO Operations, Missions and Activities, Ukraine and Georgia.
- In order to comply with the COVID-19 precautionary measures in place, physical presence at NATO HQ will be limited, including media presence.
- A small number of media representatives who hold annual accreditation at NATO will be able to cover the MCCS Press Conference in person. Those interested need to register in advance via email to email@example.com. NATO International Military Staff’s Public Affairs and Strategic Communication Advisor (PASCAD)’s office will be in touch to confirm attendance.
- Journalists attending in person will be required to produce a negative PCR test (taken no more than 72 hrs before and a copy should sent to firstname.lastname@example.org), go through temperature screening upon arrival, respect social distancing and wear a face mask everywhere and at all times while at NATO HQ.
- Registration for press conference attendance closes on 14 May at 12:00 (Brussels time).
- All other media representatives can follow the MCCS Opening Remarks and Press Conference remotely via the NATO website live streaming.
- NATO will facilitate media coverage of the MCCS is as follows:
- The Opening Remarks and Press Conference of the NATO Chairman of the Military Committee will be streamed in real time on the NATO website (www.nato.int).
- All videos will be made available for free download from the NATO Multimedia Portal (www.natomultimedia.tv).
- A transcript of the Chairman’s Opening Remarks and Press Statement, videos as well as pictures taken by the NATO official photographers, will be available on the NATO IMS event page, as soon as possible after the event.
- The Opening Remarks and Press Conference will be available in original sound, English, and French.
PROGRAMME AND INTERACTION WITH MEDIA
- The MCCS will start early morning 0830 of 18 May 2021 and will finish at the end of the day at 1800.
- An event page will be published closer to the date of the Military Committee in Chiefs of Defence Session on the NATO International Military Staff webpage.
- Information about individual Chiefs of Defence’s media engagements should be sought directly from the national delegation(s) concerned.
We will post the latest information and pictures from the Military Committee in Chiefs of Defence (MCCS) session on our official Twitter account: @NATO_PASCAD.
Please use the hashtags #NATOCHoDs and #NATOMC when tweeting about the MCCS.
Mr. Damien Elvin
Public Affairs and Strategic Communications Advisor to the Chairman of the NATO Military Committee and NATO International Military Staff
Tel: + 32 476 60 53 56
Lt Col Goetz Haffke
Deputy Public Affairs and Strategic Communications Advisor
Tel: + 32 490 58 06 47