Meeting of NATO Defence Ministers
Brussels, 17-18 June
- Meetings of the North Atlantic Council (NAC) at the level of Defence Ministers will be held via secure teleconference on 17-18 June 2020. All information about these meetings will be on the NATO website.
- The meetings will be chaired by the NATO Secretary General, Jens Stoltenberg.
- Media representatives will NOT have physical access to NATO HQ to cover the ministerial meeting. Precautionary measures are still in place at NATO Headquarters to limit the further spread of the COVID-19 virus, including restricted access to visitors, media and non-essential staff.
- NATO will facilitate remote media coverage as follows:
- Secretary General’s press conferences will be broadcast live on the NATO website (www.nato.int), as well as on social platforms Twitter and Facebook, and made available live via satellite (worldfeed). After each event, the videos will be available for free download from the NATO Multimedia Portal (www.natomultimedia.tv). Pictures taken by NATO photographers will be made available on the NATO website.
- NATO is offering media representatives the option to ask questions remotely to the NATO Secretary General during the Q&A sessions of all his press conferences. Media representatives wishing to do so are kindly requested to register at https://NatoDefMin-Jun2020.eventbrite.com by no later than 15 June 2020 at 16:00 (Brussels time).
PROGRAMME AND INTERACTION WITH MEDIA
- The meetings will start on Wednesday 17 June 2020 in the afternoon and will end on Thursday 18 in the afternoon.
- A pre-ministerial online press conference by the Secretary General’s will take place on 16 June 2020. Subsequently, the Secretary General will brief the press online on both days of the event. More details will be announced at a later date.
- The media programme and information on the audio-visual products available will be published closer to the ministerial meetings on the dedicated page on the NATO website.
- Information about individual ministers’ media programmes and media engagements should be sought directly from the national delegation(s) concerned. A list of NATO delegation press officers is available from the Press & Media Section.
Ms Alina Coca
Telephone: +32 (0)2 707 1465
Press and Media Section
Telephone: +32 (0)2 707 50 41
Mr Angelo Pacifico
Telephone: +32 (0)2 707 83 46
Technical support for questions during online press conferences
Mr. Bart Vandendorpe
TV & Radio arrangements via satellite
Mr. Bart Vandendorpe
NATO Video on demand