IMS Office of the Gender Advisor (IMS GENAD)
The IMS Office of the Gender Advisor is the Office of Primary Responsibility (OPR) within the International Military Staff (IMS) providing information and advice on gender issues and on the implementation of the United Nations Security Council Resolution 1325 and Related Resolutions. It also serves as the Secretariat for the NATO Committee on Gender Perspectives (NCGP).
The personnel forming the IMS Office of the Gender Advisor report directly to the Director General (DGIMS), and are responsible to:
- Provide advice and support to the DGIMS on gender issues, including the implementation of UNSCR 1325 and Related Resolutions. The Chief of the Office represents the IMS in Committees, Working Groups and HQ Task Forces and maintains liaison with the International Staff (IS) and the NATO Military Authorities (NMAs).
- Promote awareness on the effective integration of a gender perspective into military operations.
- Facilitate the dialogue with Partner countries on relevant gender issues.
- Provide briefings on significant milestones and the status of integration of the gender perspective within the Alliance.
- Respond to internal and external requests for information.
- Collect and disseminate information from NATO and Partner Nations regarding national programmes, policies and procedures on gender related issues, including the implementation of UNSCRs 1325 and Related Resolutions.
- Liaise with international organizations and agencies concerned with the integration of a gender perspective into military operations, as well as with gender related issues, in accordance with approved documents
- Coordinate the organization of NCGP and EC meetings in accordance with NATO protocol.
- Disseminates NCGP recommendations.
- The IMS Gender Advisor advises the NCGP Chairperson.
- Facilitates the exchange of information among NATO Nations, on gender related policies and gender mainstreaming.
IMS Office of the Gender Advisor
Chief : LTC Jesus Ignacio GIL RUIZ ESPAR
Admin. Assistant: MSgt Coenaerts Sandra
Boulevard Leopold III
B – 1110 Brussels
CWINF Web Site: http:/www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/topics_50327.htm