22 feb. 1999
NATO Office of Information and Press,
in cooperation with the Association of European Journalists
"The Atlantic Alliance in the XXI Century"
Toledo, Spain - 21-22 May 1999
Miguel Angel Aguillar, Secretary General, APE
Javier Solana, Secretary General, NATO
||First Panel: The Atlantic Alliance : A new space of cooperation
- Javier Garrigues, Political Director, Foreign Office Ministry, Spain.
- Andrei Zagorskiy, International Relations Institute, Moscow, Russia.
- Chairman of the NATO Military Committee
- Günther Burghart, General Director for the PESC Foreign Relations of the European Commission.
- Robert Blackwill, John Fitgerald School of Government, Harvard, USA.
- Javier Rupérez, President of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly and the Foreign Affairs Commission of the Congress of Deputies, Spain.
||Third Panel: The new strategic concept of NATO
- Admiral Rafael Lapique Dobarro,Permanent Secretary of the
Strategic Studies Spanish Institute, DIGENPOL-MD, Spain
- Speakers :
- Eliot A. Cohen, Paul Nitze Institute for Strategic Studies, John Hopkins University, USA.
- Lawrence Freedman, War Studies, King's College, UK.
- Lothar Rühl, Defence Correspondant of "Die Welt", Germany.
- Paul Quiles, President of the Defence Commission at the National Assembly, France.
- Wojciech Lamentowich, Office of the Presidency of the Republic, Poland.
Eduardo Serra. Defence Minister. Spain
||Second Panel: The transatlantic link
- Gral. IM Juan Martinez-Esparza y Valiente
- Richard Gardner, Former Ambassador in Spain, USA
- Javier Conde de Saro, Spanish Ambassador in NATO, Spain.
- Rafael Estrella, Vice president in the North Atlantic Assembly, Spain
- Stephan Larrabee, Rand Corporation, USA
- Elmar Brok, Member of the National Security Council, USA.
- William Hopkinson, Director of Strategic Studies at the International Affairs Royal Institute (Chatam House), U.K.
- Pascal Boniface, International Relations Institute, France.
- Lazlo Valki, University of Budapest, Hungary.