UN Security Council Press Releases
- SC/6158 - 8 January 96
- Security Council Strongly Condemns Human Right Violations in Croatia's Former Sectors North and South
- & the full text of the statement on the situation of human rights in Croatia (S/PRST/96/2).
- SC/6160 - 15 January
- Security Council established United Nations Transitional Administration for Eastern Slavonia (UNTAES), Baranja, Western Sirmium with Chapter VII Mandate
- & Secretary-General's Report: Letters on Prevlaka Peninsula
- & Draft Resolution S/1996/23 & S/1996/24.
- SC/6168 - 31 January 96
- Security Council Authorizes Deployment of 100 Military Observers to Eastern Slavonia, Baranja and Western Sirmium. Security Council Meeting,
- - Secretary-General's Report and
- - Draft Resolution 1043.
- SC/6176 - 13 February 96
- Security Council approves Establishment of Force Commander Position for Mission in Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
- SC/6179 - 23 February 96
- Security Council Demands Croatia Ensure Full Rights Of Local Serb Population.
- SC/6183 - 27 February 96
- Suspension of sanctions imposed on Bosnian Serbs announced by Yugoslav Sanctions Committee.
- SC/6187 - 29 February 96
- Security Council appoints Canadian Justice Louise Arbour Prosecutor of War Crimes Tribunal.
- SC/6193 - 14 March 96
- Yugoslav Sanctions Committee Modifies Arms Embargo.
- SC/6201 - 29 March 96
- Security Council Committee Concerning Yugoslavia meets with EU/OSCE
Sanctions Coordinator and SAMCOMM Director.
- SC/6202 - 4 April 96
- Security Council demands that Parties in Bosnia and Herzegovina fully
implement Peace Agreement.
- SC/6219 - 8 May 96
- Security Council Expresses Profound Concern At Failure Of Federal
Republic Of Yugoslavia To Cooperate With Tribunal For Former Yugoslavia.
- SC/6222 - 22 May 96
- Security Council Calls On Croatian Government And Local Serbs To Comply
With 95 Agreement On Eastern Slavonia, Baranja, Western Sirmium.
- SC/6228 - 30 May 96
- Security Council extends until 30 November mandate of preventive force in Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
- SC/6235 - 18 June 96
- Yugoslav Arms Embargo Terminated
- SC/6250 - 30 July 96
- Security Council Authorizes Deployment of 100 Military Observers with UNTAES for Further Six Months, Until 15 January 97
- SC/6253 - 8 August 96
- Security Council Expresses Readiness To Consider Economic
Measures To Ensure Compliance With Agreement For Peace In
Bosnia And Herzegovina,
- - Annex document S/PRST/96/34 &
- - High Representative's Report
- SC/6267 - 20 September 96
- Security Council Deplores Croatia's Failure To Execute Arrest Warrants
Of International Tribunal On Former Yugoslavia: Presidential Statement Calls for Warrants to Be Executed without Delay.
- SC/6274 - 1 October 96
- Security Council Decides On Immediate Termination Of All
Sanctions Against Federal Republic Of Yugoslavia: Members Adopt Resolution 1074 (1996) Unanimously, Satisfied With Elections Held in Bosnia and Herzegovina in Line with Peace Agreement
- SC/6276 - 10 October 96
- Security Council Expresses Concern Over Lack Of Progress On Investigations
Of International Humanitarian Law In Bosnia And Herzegovina - Presidential Statement Appeals to Parties in Bosnia and Herzegovina To Help Identify Fate of Missing Persons for Humanitarian and Legal Purposes
- SC/6290 - 15 November 96
- Yugoslav Sanctions Committee Submits Final Report To Security Council and is Dissolved
- SC/6290 - 15 November 96
- Security Council Extends by Six Months Mandate of United Nations Preventive Force in Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Russian Federation, Abstaining on Adoption of Resolution 1082, Says Mission Fulfilled, Calls for Greater Reduction of Personnel
- SC/6302 - 12 December 96
- Security Council Sets Up Stabilization Force -- SFOR -- To Succeed Existing Operation -- IFOR -- In Bosnia and Herzegovina
- SC/6306 - 20 December 96
- Security Council Expresses Concern At Continued Acts Of Harassment And Attacks Against Croatian Serbs - In Presidential Statement, Croatian Government Called Upon to Cooperate Fully with Former Yugoslavia Tribunal