Secretary General to visit Greece
The Secretary General of NATO, Lord Robertson,
will visit Greece on Friday, 16 March 2001. In Greece, Lord Robertson will
meet the President, the Prime Minister, the Foreign Minister and the Defense
Minister as well as the leader of the opposition.
- Meeting with the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr George Papandreou,
at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Meeting with the Leader of the Opposition, Mr. Kostas Karamanlis,
at his office
- Ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Meeting with the Minister of Defense, Mr. Akis Tsohatzopoulos, at
the Ministry of Defense
- Meeting with the the President of the Hellenic Republic, H.E. Mr.
Constantinos Stephanopoulos, at the Presidential Palace
The Secretary General's schedule is subject to change. For further information,
please contact the NATO Press and Media Service in Brussels,
- Meeting with the Prime Minister, Mr. Costas Simitis, at the office
of the Prime Minister, followed by a joint press conference
Tel: (32) 2 707 50 41, fax: (32) 2 707 50 57.