6 July 1999
NATO Secretary General, Dr. Javier Solana,
The Secretary General of NATO, Dr. Javier Solana, will visit Bulgaria and Romania on 7 and 8 July 1999. During his visits, the Secretary General will meet the Heads of State and Government, Foreign and Defence Ministers of the two countries.
to visit Bulgaria and Romania
PROGRAMME OF THE VISIT
Wednesday, 7 July
- Arrive Bucharest, Romania, and welcome by Foreign Minister Andrei Plesu
Meetings with Prime Minister Radu Vasile, Foreign Minister Plesu and Defence Minister Victor Babiuc
Thursday, 8 July
- Meeting with President Emil Constantinescu
- Cotroceni Palace: Joint press conference with President Constantinescu
- Arrive Sofia, Bulgaria, and welcome by Foreign Minister Nadezhda Mihailova
Meetings with President Petar Stoyanov, Foreign Minister Mihailova and Defence Minister Gueorgui Ananiev
- Boyana Governmental Residence: Joint press conference with Foreign Minister Mihailova
The programme of the Secretary General is subject to change. For further information, please contact the NATO Press and Media Service at tel. +32 (0)2 707 50 41, fax + 32 (0)2 707 50 57.