Ceremonies to mark the accession of the Czech Republic,
Hungary and Poland to the North Atlantic Treaty
Ceremonies to mark the accession of the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland to the North Atlantic Treaty will take place at NATO Headquarters on Tuesday, 16 March 1999.
Media representatives who wish to cover the ceremonies will be accredited on 16 March at the NATO Site Entrance on presentation of a valid press card and photographic proof of identity.
The accreditation procedures will end at 08:45 when the NATO gate closes.
The Eastern parking area outside the NATO site entrance will be reserved for the Press. A special row will be allocated to outside broadcasting vans.
- 07:45 - 08:45
- Accreditation at the NATO site entrance.
- Media representatives in place at dedicated areas in the Cour d'Honneur.
- Arrival of the Secretary General, the Prime Ministers of the three new member countries and other Ministers. Photo opportunity when they are in place.
- The Secretary General and the three Prime Ministers inspect the SHAPE Honour Guard.
- Flag raising ceremony. National anthems are played while the flags of the three new member countries are raised.
- Press bus leaves the Cour d'Honneur for room 16 where media representatives take place on the balcony.
- The Prime Ministers of the three new member countries are escorted into the room by the Secretary General and take their seats in the Council.
- Remarks by the Secretary General followed by :
- Remarks by the Dean of the Council, followed by
- Responses by the Prime Ministers of the three new members.
- End of Council session.
- Press bus leaves room 16 for Press building.
- News conference of the three Prime Ministers in the Luns Press Theatre in the presence of the Secretary General.
- Reception hosted by the new member countries in the NATO Restaurant (by invitation).
Restricted pool in the restaurant for the duration of a cultural event.
Media representatives are advised that they will not be able to move from one area to another while the ceremony in the Cour d'Honneur is in progress.