Foreign Ministers meetings
Luxembourg, 28-29 May 1998
DATE AND PLACEMeetings at Foreign Ministers level of the North Atlantic Council (NAC) and between NATO Foreign Ministers and the Foreign Ministers of Partner Countries including Russia and Ukraine will be held in Luxembourg on 28 and 29 May 1998.
The meetings will take place in the Conference Centre, Luxembourg-Kirchberg.
The programme of the meetings will be announced in a second media advisory note which will be published at the beginning of May 1998.
1. MEDIA FACILITIES
For further information please contact:
CLT-UFA Mrs Jose Kieffer
2. ACCREDITATIONApplications for accreditation should be made before 1 May 1998, using the attached form (.PDF/30Kb) which should be sent to the appropriate address:
3. COLLECTION OF PASSES - SECURITY CHECKSAccreditation passes can be collected from 12.00 noon on Tuesday, 26 May at the accreditation desk in the Media Centre, on presentation of a valid press card and a further proof of identity with photograph. The pass and the proof of identity should be carried at all times.
All media representatives attending the meetings of the North Atlantic council and of the Euro-Atlantic Partnership Council are informed that security personnel at the Media Centre will examine and may also test equipment and personal effects carried onto the site. To avoid delays, media representatives are requested to arrive with sufficient time to clear the security checks. Television broadcasters, wire services and radio stations with cumbersome or bulky equipment are particularly urged to move most of it into the media area as early as possible.
4. OPENING HOURS OF THE MEDIA CENTREThe media centre will be open at the following times:
5. VISAS - ACCOMMODATIONMedia representatives from some countries will need a visa to enter the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. Those in doubt should consult the nearest Embassy of Luxembourg, or, failing that, the Embassy of Belgium or of The Netherlands.
Accommodation can be booked through the National Tourist Office:
Office National du Tourisme
Tel. + 352 42 82 82 20
6. TRANSPORTThe organisers of the meetings have reserved about 300 spaces at the Parking du Glacis in Luxembourg, which is about 500 metres from the Media Centre. There will be a continuous shuttle service between the Glacis car park and the Media Centre. A valid press card must be shown to gain access to the parking area.
7. POOL ARRANGEMENTSDepending on the number of media representatives requesting to cover various events, the organisers may have to limit coverage to restricted groups on a pool basis.
Pool passes will be distributed at the accreditation desk, starting from 17:00 on Wednesday, 27 May.
Requests for pool passes should be made when checking in at the desk for accreditation. All public events will be shown on closed-circuit television which can be watched at several places in the Media Centre as well as in the editing booths of television and radio stations.