Chapter 8: Consumer Logistics
Western European Logistics Group (WELG)
812. The WELG aims at increased cooperation
between Western European Union (WEU) members in the field of
logistics support for WEU missions, and to provide greater efficiency
in, and harmonization of, acquisition, consumer logistics practices.
It develops logistic policy and doctrine applicable to
WEU operations. The WELG reports to the WEU Council and
consists of a Steering Group and three single-service sub-groups.
Close liaison is maintained between the NATO and WEU logistics staffs.
In order to avoid duplication and effort, the International
Staff (IS), International Military Staff (IMS) and the MNCs attend
the WELG as observers. The chairman of the WELG
annually provides a liaison report to the SNLC.
- NATO Facts and Figures
- MC 319/1
- NATO Principles and Policies for Logistics
- MC 326
- Medical Support Precepts and Guidance for NATO
- MC 334/1
- NATO Principles and Policies for Host
Nation Support Planning
- MC 336/1
- The Movement and Transportation Concept for NATO