Representative of Greece
George V. Savvaides
Born in 1945 in Athens.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Athens
- Bachelor of Political and Economic Sciences, University of Athens
- Bachelor and Master of Laws (LLM), Faculty of Law, University of Harvard, U.S.A.
- Embassy Attaché, Foreign Ministry.
- Promoted to Third Embassy Secretary.
- Greek Consul, Boston.
- Promoted to Second Embassy Secretary.
- At the Foreign Ministry, Political Affairs Department, Middle East and Africa.
- Promoted to First Embassy Secretary.
- Greek Consul General at Skopje.
- Promoted to Second Embassy Counsellor.
- At the Greek Permanent Delegation to NATO, Brussels:
- 1983-87 Counsellor for Political Affairs.
- 1987-91 Counsellor for Defence Matters.
- Promoted to First Embassy Counsellor.
- At the Foreign Ministry, Head of Cyprus Section, Turkey-Cyprus Bilateral Relations Department
- Promoted to Minister Plenipotentiary, Second Class
- Director, Turkey-Cyprus Bilateral Relations
- Promoted to Minister Plenipotentiary, First Class
Mr. Savvaides is married and has one child.
He speaks English and French.