24 Feb. 1998
Defence of Spain
Profession: Legal Adviser for the Public Administration
Date of Birth: December 19th, 1946 - Madrid
Marital Status: Married, One son
- Primary and Secondary School at the Instituto Ramiro de Maeztu in Madrid
- Graduated in Law by the University Complutense, Madrid
- Entered the Corporation of Government's Attormeys as num. 1 of his promotion
- Head of Staff of the Minister of Industry and Energy.
- General Secretary of the Council Board of the National Industry Institute.
- Under-secretary of State for the Defence.
- Secretary of State for the Defence.
- In July 1987 he was appointed Director General of the Foundation for Assistance against Drug addiction (F.A.D.), having been executive Vice-president and its President since March 1996.
- In April 1988 he was appointed Chairman of the Council Board of Telettra Espana, S.A. until June 1991.
- From its beginning in 1991, he was member of the Council of Desaflo Espana Copa Amrica, being its Chairman from May 1991 until its end in May 1992.
- In May 1989, he was appointed Vice-president of Cubiertas y MZOV, being its Chairman from February 1991 to January 1995.
- From July 1988 he was Vice-president of the Institute of Foreign Affairs and Policy, I.N.C.I.P.E. (Formerly, Centre for the Foreign Policy Studies, C.E.P.E.), having been appointed its Chairman in July 1993, until May 1996.
- In March 1992 he was appointed Chairman of Peugeot Talbot Espana, S.A. until May 1996.
- On January 1995 he was appointed Chairman of Airtel Mvil, S.A.., until May 1996.
- In May 1996, he was appointed Minister of Defence.
- Former Member of the European Academy of Science and Arts.
- Former advisor and counselor of various institutions.
- He has been decorated with several badges and crosses.