Meeting of NATO Ministers of Foreign Affairs
Bucharest, Romania - 29 - 30 November 2022
- A meeting of the North Atlantic Council (NAC) at the level of Ministers of Foreign Affairs will be held in Bucharest, Romania, on 29-30 November 2022. The meeting will be chaired by the NATO Secretary General, Jens Stoltenberg.
- The ministerial meeting will take place at the Palace of the Parliament of Romania, 2-4 Izvor Street, Bucharest. The main conference room and all meeting-related facilities, the media centre and media facilities will be located at the Palace of the Parliament.
- This media advisory marks the opening of online registration for accreditation.
- Further information for media will be published here as it becomes available.
- Journalists need special accreditation to cover the event in person. An annual NATO accreditation badge or other accreditation documents will not give access to the event.
- The accreditation is now closed. Media representatives who have successfully been accredited will receive confirmation by email. Media representatives are encouraged to bring a printout of the confirmation email when collecting their badge.
- In accordance with NATO media accreditation procedures, NATO reserves the right to deny or withdraw accreditation of media representatives who abuse their privileges, put the accreditation to improper use or act in a way not consistent with the principles of the organisation.
- Accredited journalists should pick up their badge in person at the Accreditation Office. It is mandatory to present the following documents. Please ensure all documents are the same as those uploaded as part of your application:
- Official proof of identity, i.e. passport/national ID card;
- A valid national press card OR accreditation letter from a recognised media organisation;
- a printout of the confirmation email received from NATO Accreditations.
- The Accreditation Office will be located at the Palace of the Parliament, 2-4, Izvor Street, 5th District, Bucharest, entrance A3 S2.
- The meetings will start on Tuesday 29 November and will end on Wednesday 30 November 2022. A full media programme will be available closer to the event.
- The Secretary General's pre-ministerial press conference will take place at the NATO HQ in Brussels, the week before the ministerial meeting.
- Information about individual ministers' media programmes should be sought directly from their national delegations. A list of NATO delegation press officers is available from the Press & Media Section (press[at]hq.nato.int).
- The Romanian National Television (TVR) will act as Host TV for the event. TVR will deliver a single high quality HD/SDI signal (1080i50 audio embedded) live to the media centre for all ministerial media events, free of charge.
- The doorstep of the Secretary General, the opening remarks of the ministerial meetings, as well as the press conferences of the Secretary General will be broadcast live in the Media Centre and on the NATO website.
- Live satellite feeds of the main media events will be provided free of charge without encryption or downlink charges. Technical details regarding the transmission and downlink will be available here.
- After each event, the videos are available for free download from NATO Multimedia, and the audio files will be posted on the NATO website. The video and audio may be used only for appropriate news and public affairs uses.
- Access to the opening of the meetings, the official greeting, the official photo and other events with restricted access will be open only for small media pools, by invitation only.
- When a media representative accepts a NATO pool position they must share immediately all information and material collected while in the pool with any accredited media that request it. The media representative in the pool will share the material at no charge and with no restriction on the use of the material for news purposes. Media representatives can only accept the pool accreditation if they have the agreement of their employer to all of the conditions on providing pool material listed above.
- Media organisations that want pooled images should first contact the wire service / photo agency of which they are a member / client. Media representatives and news organisations must identify that it is pooled material every time it is used. Pooled material can only be used for legitimate news purposes and it cannot be sold.
- NATO and Host Nation photographers and videographers will provide video clips and photos of all the media events for posting to the NATO website; photos can be downloaded from www.nato.int.
- The Media Centre will include:
- A filing centre (including TV/radio editing area), with electricity (230V), access to video and audio feeds, cabled and Wi-Fi internet. Working spaces in the filing centre cannot be booked in advance, but are available on a first-come, first-served basis;
- A limited number of TV/radio editing booths;
- Information Desk;
- Internal Television Circuit for live and recorded broadcasts, information about the program, press conferences schedules and other information;
- An area for press briefings and indoor stand-up positions;
- An area for outdoor stand up positions and parking for satellite vans;
- Outdoor stand-up positions and parking area for satellite vans will be located at the Palace of the Parliament;
- Editing booths, outdoor stand up positions and satellite parking need to be booked in advance. Please email Ms. Alexandra Nicolescu (see contact details below).
- A variety of catering options for purchase will be available. All credit cards and cash (local currency, RON) will be accepted.
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE – MEDIA ACCREDITATION OFFICE AND MEDIA CENTRE
|Day||Media Centre||Accreditation Office|
|Saturday 26 Nov||Closed||11.00 – 15.00|
|Sunday 27 Nov||Closed||11.00 – 15.00|
|Monday 28 Nov||10.00 – 18.00||10.00 – 18.00|
|Tuesday 29 Nov||8.00 – 22.00||08.00 – 18.00|
|Wednesday 30 Nov||06.30 – 18.00 / 19.00||06.30 – 12.45|
TRAVEL, ACCOMMODATION, TRANSPORT
- All travelers to Romania must have in their possession a valid passport and, if required, the appropriate visa. You are responsible for arranging your own visa, if you need one. Information on which country nationals require a visa and how to apply can be found at http://www.mae.ro/en/node/2035.
- Media representatives are expected to make their own accommodation arrangements. Romanian authorities have negotiated special rates at the following media recommended hotels:
Continental Forum Bucharest
82-84 Izvor Street,
106 Izvor Street,
Hilton Garden Inn Bucharest Old Town
12 Doamnei Street, District 3
37B Calea Victoriei,
Ramada Bucharest Parc
3-5 B Poligrafiei Avenue,
Crowne Plaza Bucharest
1 Poligrafiei Avenue,
- Media will be responsible for their own transport arrangements between the airport, hotel and the media centre.
Ms Alina Coca – NATO Media Coordinator Mr Radu Filip – Romanian Media Coordinator
Ms Louise Reid
Mr Horia Cazan (Host TV / Romanian Television) Mr Bart Vandendorpe
Booking for sat van parking, editing booths, stand up positions
Ms Alexandra Nicolescu
NATO Video on demand
Media queries on substance of the ministerial, decisions, requests of interviews with NATO leadership
NATO Press and Media Section