North Atlantic Council Meeting with the National Security Advisers at NATO Headquarters
On Thursday 07 October 2021, the NATO Secretary General, Mr. Jens Stoltenberg will chair a meeting of the North Atlantic Council with Allied National Security Advisers.
10:00 (CET) Public opening remarks by the NATO Secretary General at the start of the meeting
12:15 - 12:45 Press Conference (in hybrid mode) by the Secretary General following the meeting
- In order to comply with COVID-19 safety measures, NATO will allow a limited number of media representatives holding an annual media accreditation (2021):
a. Physical access to NATO HQ will be granted only if one of the conditions below is met (as also outlined here):
- Possess a vaccination certificate proving that they are fully vaccinated since 14 days before entering NATO HQ premises;
- Bring a certificate stating post-COVID recovery (not more than 180 days);
- Present a valid PCR test (done within 72 hours).
b. Those interested are kindly requested to register no later than Wednesday 06 October at 13:00 (Brussels time) by following this link.
c. Media representatives who have successfully been accredited will receive confirmation by email. Media representatives are encouraged to bring a printout of the confirmation email when collecting their badge
- NATO will also facilitate remote media coverage, as follows:
a. Journalists can ask questions remotely during the press point. Those interested are kindly requested to register no later than Wednesday 06 October at 13:00 (Brussels time) by following this link.
b. Registered media representatives will be contacted separately for technical details. While every effort will be made to accommodate as many questions as possible, time limitations might not allow all questions to be asked.
- The press point will be broadcast live on the NATO website.
- After the event, the video will be available for free download from the NATO Multimedia Portal.
- A transcript of the Secretary General’s remarks, as well as pictures taken by NATO photographers, will be available on the NATO website.
- The press point will be available in original sound, English, French and Russian.
Ms. Irina Novakova
Telephone: +32 (0)2 707 1003
Tel: +32 (0)2 707 50 41
Accreditation / Registrations
Mr. Angelo Pacifico
Telephone: +32 (0)2 707 83 46