NATO Secretary General's pre-ministerial press conference
Tuesday, 19 November 2019
Hour: 11:00 – 11:45
Location: NATO Headquarters, Brussels (Press Theatre)
Access to NATO premises as of 08:00
- The press conference will be available live on the NATO website and on satellite.
- Photos, video as well as English, French and Russian audio files will be available after the event on the NATO website.
- Professional-quality videos and b-roll will be available for download from the NATO Multimedia portal. Please register for access.
- This material is free of rights and free of charge.
Language feeds on the website
The press conference will be available during live transmission in original sound, English, French, Russian, Dari and Pashto.
Accreditation and access
- The same media accreditation procedure applies as for the meeting of NATO Foreign Ministers (20 November 2019).
- Journalists in possession of a valid NATO permanent media pass do not need to request accreditation.
- Accreditation requests must be introduced online here: https://my.hq.nato.int/. Please find instructions on how to create a profile and/or register in Annex 1. Media representatives who have successfully been accredited will receive confirmation by email.
- Deadline for accreditation requests is no later than Monday 11 November 2019 at 23:59 (Brussels Time). Requests submitted after that are considered late and may be refused. Media representatives who have submitted a request for accreditation are encouraged to bring a print-out of the request confirmation. Late applications will not be taken into consideration for pool access.
- Media passes must be collected in person upon presentation of an ID card or passport and a valid national press pass (or assignment letter from a recognized media organization).
- Passes must be worn visibly at all times, and security personnel may ask to see another form of ID at any time. Security personnel will examine and may test equipment and personal effects carried onto the site. Please plan your visit to arrive with sufficient lead time to clear security checks.
How to create a new profile in the NATO Accreditation portal https://my.hq.nato.int/:
- Please select New user
- Use a unique email address per registration. It is not possible to register groups or more than one person with the same email address
- Avoid using special characters (e.g. accents) when you enter information in your profile and ensure that the filenames of your photo and attachments do not contain special characters
- In case our site is blocked by your provider (most likely because of a firewall), it is advisable to use a device connected to a different Internet source (4G or connection at home)
- For media not in possession of a national press card number, please enter N/A within the National Press Card Number field
- Safari browser is not supported. Please use another browser (also see below the paragraph on Attachments re Mac OS X).
- If you have lost your password, please reset it here
- If your email address/username has changed, please send an email to NatoAccreditations@hq.nato.int
How to register for the event:
Once your profile has been created:
- Login: https://my.hq.nato.int/ (Click on Registered user)
- Click on Update your Event Attendance: select the event
- Attach files as required
- Tick and accept fields
- Submit your request before the deadline
To verify if you have duly submitted your application with attachments, please log in to your profile and click on Update Your Event Attendance. The event tick box should appear as checked.
To complete your registration, you will be required to upload two types of attachments:
- Identity: a copy of your ID card/passport
- Candidates in possession of a valid press card (provided by a recognised national professional body of a NATO country – i.e. government, professional association or union) are required to upload a scanned copy of it onto their profile (PDF)
- Candidates not in possession of a valid press card (provided by a recognised national professional body of a NATO country – i.e. government, professional association or union), are required, regardless of nationality, to upload a signed letter from their editorial staff onto their profile (PDF)
For users of Mac OS X: it is not always possible to upload attachments in JPG. Please upload files in PDF.
The system does not allow group registrations. However, as a practical measure and in order to avoid delays due to late requests, your editor can produce a comprehensive letter containing all the names of the crew members s/he intends to send to cover the event. Please include SURNAME, Name, Date of birth and Passport/ID card number of the crew members.
Once scanned, each media representative in the letter can upload the same comprehensive letter onto their profile upon individual registration before the deadline.