Summit Meeting of NATO Heads of State and Government
Lisbon, Portugal - 19-20 November 2010
- The NATO Summit of Heads of State and Government in Lisbon, Portugal, will be held on 19–20 November 2010. This first media advisory is intended to provide information about accommodation arrangements for media representatives. A second media advisory released in the first half of September will provide information on a broader array of media-related topics.
- The programme of the summit is not yet finalized. Further information may be forthcoming in early September, and a definitive media programme will be delivered to media representatives upon accreditation. Currently, and in order to guide media travel plans, NATO is working on a tentative programme that would see the Summit’s formal opening late afternoon on Friday 19 November, and its end around mid-Afternoon on Saturday afternoon 20 November 2010.
- The meetings will take place at the Feira Internacional de Lisboa (Avenida do Atlantico – 1990 Lisbon, Portugal). The Media Centre will be collocated with the Summit’s venue and will open on Thursday 18 November in the morning. It will remain open 24/7 until Sunday 21 November 12h00.
- Accreditation of media representatives will open online on Monday 13 September 2010. A separate media advisory released early September will provide necessary details. The Media Accreditation Office will be open in the Feira Internacional de Lisboa as from Wednesday 17 November 2010 in the morning.
- The list of hotels together with reservation procedures and policies are at attachment. Further information on accommodation can be obtained from the Top Atlantico DMC office in Lisbon (contact at attachment).
Access to the Media Centre
- It is worth noting that access to the Summit media centre will be possible only via public transports. There will be no shuttles organized from the media hotels to the media centre. Shuttle buses will be organized from the Airport to the media centre and to the media hotels.