The NATO Office on Gender Perspectives (NOGP) serves as the Secretariat for the NATO Committee on Gender Perspectives (NCGP) and the advisor to the Committee Chairperson. It also provides information and advice on gender issues within the International Military Staff (IMS).
The personnel forming the NOGP are assigned to the Executive Coordinator (EXCO) Office, IMS, and are responsible to:
- Carry out the duties and responsibilities assigned by the NCGP.
- Collect, analyse and disseminate information from NATO and Partner Nations regarding national programmes, policies and procedures on gender related issues, including the implementation of UNSCRs 1325 and 1820 and future related UNSCRs.
- Respond for internal and external requests for information, in coordination with the NCGP Executive Committee (EC) and in accordance with NATO protocol.
- Liaise with international organizations and agencies concerned with the integration of a gender perspective into military operations, as well as with gender related issues.
- Maintain continuity of the NCGP publications and results of the annual meetings, and recommendations.
- Coordinate the organization of NCGP and EC meetings in accordance with NATO protocol. Formulates and distributes the official Committee meeting record.
- Promotes awareness on the effective utilisation and development of military women and on the importance of integrating a gender perspective into military operations.
Office on Gender Perspectives
Chief NOGP: LTC Jesus Ignacio GIL RUIZ ESPAR
Admin. Assistant: SSgt Sandra PALLMER
Boulevard Leopold III
B – 1110 Brussels
CWINF Web Site: http:/www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/topics_50327.htm