4-6 May 1998
On the European Security and Defence Identity
Congreso de los diputados
C/Florida blanca S/N (entrance: calle Cedaceros), 28071 Madrid
4-6 May 1998
4. 30 p.m. Opening addresses
Monday, 4 May
- de Mr Federico TRILLO-FIGUEROA, del Presidente del Congreso de los Diputados
- de D. Llus Maria de Puig, Presidente de la Asamblea de la UEO
- Discours / Speech
- by Mr Jos CUTILEIRO, Secretary-General of WEU
- Remarks / Intervencion
- by Mr Javier SOLANA MADARIAGA, Secretary-General of NATO
- Mr Eduardo SERRA, Minister for Defence of Spain
6 - 8. 30 p.m.
The European security and defence identity in the Atlantic Alliance
Sitting chaired by Mr Armand DE DECKER, Chairman of the Defence Committee of the Assembly of WEU
- Mr Stelios PERRAKIS, Secretary-General, European Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Greece
- by Mr Przemyslaw GRUDZINSKI, Under-Secretary of State, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Poland
- by Ambassador Alexander VERSHBOW, Permanent Representative of the United States to NATO
10 a.m. - 1.30 p.m.
Tuesday, 5 May
Cooperation between WEU and NATO and the CJTF concept
Sitting chaired by Mr Jos Luis LPEZ HENARES, Chairman of the Spanish Delegation to the Assembly of WEU
- del Almirante Francisco TORRENTE, Director General de politica de defensa, Ministerio de Defensa, Espaa
- D. Heinrich RENTMEISTER, Deputy Director, Department of Planning, Ministry of Defence, Germany.
- par Captain Jean DUFOURCQ, International relations, Armed Forces Headquarters, representing the Minister for Defence of France
- by Mr Rob de WIJK, Clingendael Institute, Netherlands
4 - 7.30 p.m.
Multinational forces and their relations with NATO and WEU
Sitting chaired by Mr Jacques BAUMEL, Chairman of the Political Committee of the Assembly of WEU
- by Admiral Rafael de MORALES, Director of the WEU Planning Cell
- by General Manuel OLIVER, First Deputy to the Commander, European Corps, Strasbourg
10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Wednesday, 6 May
A European security and defence policy
Sitting chaired by Mr Javier RUPREZ, President of the Assembly of the OSCE
1 - 1.30 p.m.
- by Admiral Thomas J. LOPEZ, Commander-in-Chief, AFSOUTH
- by Mr Anders BJRCK, Member of Parliament, former Defence Minister, Sweden
- Brigadier-General Jean-Paul RAFFENNE, Deputy, Under Chief-of-Staff for international relations, Armed Forces Headquarters, Ministry of Defence, France
- by Mr Petre ROMAN, President of the Romanian Senate
- by Mr Armand DE DECKER, Chairman of the Defence Committee of the WEU Assembly
- Concluding address
- by Mr Luis Maria de PUIG, President of the WEU Assembly