NATO Internship Programme
In order to apply for an internship at NATO, you must fulfill all criteria outlined below:
- Age: you must be over 21 years of age at the time of your application.
- Nationality: you must be a citizen of a NATO member state.
- Educational Status: you must be a university student or a recent graduate (in other words, you have obtained your highest degree less than a year ago).
- Studies: if you are currently studying, you must have successfully completed at least two years of post-secondary studies and be enrolled in your third year at the time of your application.
- Languages: you must be thoroughly proficient in at least one of the official languages of the organization (English and French).
Nationals of NATO partner countries (PfP/EAPC) should contact their delegation at NATO HQ directly for information on internships. More information is available at the following link: http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/51288.htm
Further requirements for selected interns:
A security clearance is issued by the national security authorities for selected candidates only. Holding a Security Clearance is not a requirement for applying, but a selected candidate can only be offered an internship after his/her national security authorities and the NATO Office of Security have officially issued a NATO clearance in his/her name.
Interns are required to have health insurance coverage, and to take care of formalities with Belgian authorities regarding their stay in Belgium: Federal Public Service of the Interior, Chaussée d'Anvers 59B, 1000 Brussels (phone: + 32 2 206 15 99, http://www.dofi.fgov.be or http://diplobel.fgov.be or www.diplomatie.be ), or Belgian Embassies and Consulates outside Belgium.
Please refer to the NATO Internship Programme Policy for a full description of the programme.
|Online Application||Application Form, CV, Letter of Motivation||13th March 2014 – 14th April 2014|
|Eligibility||Eligible||Acknowledgment of receipt|
|Not Eligible||No Application possible|
|Preselection||Shortlisted||Notification to candidates in September 2014|
|Not Shortlisted||Candidates are requested to login in order to check their updated status, by the end of September 2014.|
|Final Selection||Selected candidates||Notification to candidates in October 2014|
|Non-selected candidates||Notification to candidates in October 2014|
|Onboarding Period||Security clearance received before mid-January 2015||Start date of internship will be in March or September 2015, depending on preference and division|
|Security clearance received before mid-July 2015||Start date of internship will be in September 2015|