19 Dec. 2013
The real Iraqi “Hurt Locker” team: Behind the scenes
13 Dec. 2013
Women prepare for historic elections in Afghanistan
12 Dec. 2013
The fight against explosive devices
09 Dec. 2013
Poland's last brigade in Ghazni
03 Dec. 2013
The art of war
29 Nov. 2013
- Meetings of NATO Ministers of Foreign Affairs 03 Dec. 2013
- NATO Secretary General visits Latvia and Poland 06 Nov. 2013
- Meetings of NATO Ministers of Defence - NATO HQ - 22-23 October 2013 22 Oct. 2013
- NATO Secretary General visits New York 23 Sep. 2013
- "NATO: Ready, Robust, Rebalanced" - Speech by NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen at the Carnegie Europe Event 19 Sep. 2013
- ''NATO and Ireland: working together for peace'' - speech by NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen at the Institute for International and European Affairs in Dublin 12 Feb. 2013
- ''NATO after ISAF – staying successful together'' - remarks by NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen at the Munich Security Conference 02 Feb. 2013
nato in focus
NATO’s primary objective in Afghanistan is to enable the Afghan authorities to provide effective security across the country and ensure that the country can never again be a safe haven for terrorists.
After 2014, NATO is expected to shift its emphasis from operational engagement to operational preparedness.
In these times of austerity, each euro, dollar or pound sterling counts. Smart defence is a new way of thinking about generating the modern defence capabilities the Alliance needs for the coming decade and beyond.
NATO and its partners are taking concerted action to support implementation of United Nations Security Council Resolution (UNSCR) 1325, which was adopted in October 2000. UNSCR 1325 recognizes the disproportionate impact that war and conflicts have on women and children, and highlights the fact that women have been historically left out of peace processes and stabilization efforts.