11 Mar. 2014
NATO Deputy Secretary General Ambassador Alexander Vershbow discussed the advantages of cooperation and partnership and the crisis in Ukraine with a delegation of Moldovan lawmakers on Tuesday (11 March 2014). “We want to look for ways to strengthen your efforts on the reform path,” the Deputy Secretary General told the parliamentarians.
- Meetings of NATO Ministers of Defence - NATO HQ - 26-27 February 2014 26 Feb. 2014
- 170th NATO Chiefs of Defence meeting 22 Jan. 2014
- "NATO: Ready, Robust, Rebalanced" - Speech by NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen at the Carnegie Europe Event 19 Sep. 2013
- ''NATO and Ireland: working together for peace'' - speech by NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen at the Institute for International and European Affairs in Dublin 12 Feb. 2013
- ''NATO after ISAF – staying successful together'' - remarks by NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen at the Munich Security Conference 02 Feb. 2013
nato in focus
NATO’s primary objective in Afghanistan is to enable the Afghan authorities to provide effective security across the country and ensure that the country can never again be a safe haven for terrorists.
After 2014, NATO is expected to shift its emphasis from operational engagement to operational preparedness.
In these times of austerity, each euro, dollar or pound sterling counts. Smart defence is a new way of thinking about generating the modern defence capabilities the Alliance needs for the coming decade and beyond.
NATO and its partners are taking concerted action to support implementation of United Nations Security Council Resolution (UNSCR) 1325, which was adopted in October 2000. UNSCR 1325 recognizes the disproportionate impact that war and conflicts have on women and children, and highlights the fact that women have been historically left out of peace processes and stabilization efforts.