- The North Atlantic Treaty04 Apr. 1949
- NATO - April 1952 - April 1957 - Lord Ismay's report to the Ministerial Meeting of the North Atlantic Council in Bonn, May 1957
- The evolution of NATO political consultation 1949-1962 - Monograph by NATO Historical Officer, 2 May 1963
- The Committee of Three
- NATO Strategy Documents 1949-1969 - NATO, October 1997
- NATO The first five years, 1949-1954 - by Lord Ismay Secretary General of NATO
Last updated: 07-Dec-2012 14:10
NATO Archives Reading Room
According to the NATO approved policy on Public disclosure, documents of thirty years old or older which have been declassified and approved for public disclosure are available for consultation, except those containing information that could affect the privacy of an individual or confidential commercial information.
NATO Documents Series
The records available for consultation consist of chronological sets of documents issued by the International Staff and the NATO Military Authorities between 1949 and 1974.
Public disclosure of NATO information - 12 Nov. 2008 - (PDF/117Kb)
Policy on retention and disposition of NATO information - 6 Feb. 2009 - (.PDF/52Kb)
NATO Records Policy - 17 Jun. 2011 - (.PDF/62Kb)
Directive on the Management of Records Generated on Operational Deployment - 27 Feb. 2012 - (.PDF/103Kb)