Defending against cyber attacks
High resolution photos
- Security Policies 2.0: Can Facebook, Twitter and Co Make an Impact, - Stefanie Babst - Atlantic-Community.org - 6 Sept. 2011
- NATO Secretary General and young professionals discuss new security challenges - 19 November 2010
- "NATO Builds Its Cyberdefenses" - Article by SACT General Abrial outlining NATO’s cyberdefence efforts in the New York Times op-ed
Last updated: 09-Oct-2012 13:51
Strengthening cyber defence in Estonia
03 Jun. 2014
Cyber defence topped the agenda at a NATO Science for Peace and Security (SPS) information day held in Tallinn, Estonia on 3 June. The event provided an opportunity for more than 50 scientists and experts from the region to explore new ways to address emerging security challenges with emphasis on cyber defence.
North Atlantic Council stresses collective defence, cyber security during Estonia visit
08 May. 2014
NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen, the Chairman of the Military Committee and Ambassadors from the North Atlantic Council were in Tallinn on Friday (9 May 2014) to show Alliance solidarity, and discuss ways to further enhance the Alliance’s collective defence and cyber security.
Jamie Shea in the spotlight : Q&A with Dr Jamie Shea on emerging security challenges
11 Mar. 2014
Dr Jamie Shea has been working with NATO since 1980 in a wide range of areas including external relations, press and media, and policy planning, and currently serves as Deputy Assistant Secretary General for the Emerging Security Challenges Division. This division was established in 2010 to deal with a growing range of non-traditional risks and challenges including terrorism, the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, cyber defence and energy security.
- Chicago Summit Declaration issued by the Heads of State and Government participating in the meeting of the North Atlantic Council in Chicago on 20 May 201220 May. 2012
- Lisbon Summit Declaration issued by the Heads of State and Government participating in the meeting of the North Atlantic Council in Lisbon20 Nov. 2010
- Active Engagement, Modern Defence - Strategic Concept for the Defence and Security of the Members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation adopted by Heads of State and Government in Lisbon19 Nov. 2010
- NATO's Next War—in Cyberspace (Op-Ed by NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen published in Wall Street Journal, 3 June 2013)
- National Cyber Security Framework Manual
- Best Practices in Computer Network Defense: Incident Detection and Response - Melissa E. Hathaway (Ed.)
- Collection of available national cyber security strategies and policies
- The NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCIA)
- NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence - Tallinn, Estonia