Defending against cyber attacks
High resolution photos
- Security Policies 2.0: Can Facebook, Twitter and Co Make an Impact, - Stefanie Babst - Atlantic-Community.org - 6 Sept. 2011
- NATO Secretary General and young professionals discuss new security challenges - 19 November 2010
- "NATO Builds Its Cyberdefenses" - Article by SACT General Abrial outlining NATO’s cyberdefence efforts in the New York Times op-ed
Last updated: 09-Oct-2012 13:51
Building cyber defence expertise in Moldova
13 Jan. 2014
Cyber threats know no borders and are of increasing concern. Training and education is fundamental for improving the defence of networks across Allied and partner countries. Cyber defence is a key priority area of cooperation for Moldova. In January, a group of Moldovan system/network administrators took part in a two-week training course in Turkey to build expertise and improve the ability to strengthening the defence of critical infrastructure.
Sharing malware information to defeat cyber attacks
29 Nov. 2013
Belgium is the lead nation for a new NATO Smart Defence project designed to help defeat cyber attacks. The Malware Information Sharing Platform (MISP) will facilitate information sharing of the technical characteristics of malware within a trusted community without having to share details of an attack.
NATO holds annual cyber defence exercise
26 Nov. 2013
NATO on Tuesday (26 November 2013) launched a three-day cyber defence exercise “Cyber Coalition 2013” which will test the Alliance’s ability to defend its networks from attacks. "Cyber attacks are a daily reality and they are growing in sophistication and complexity,” said Jamie Shea, Deputy Assistant Secretary General for Emerging Security Challenges at NATO. "NATO has to keep pace with this evolving threat and Cyber Coalition 2013 will allow us to fully test our systems and procedures to effectively defend our networks - today and in the future."
- Chicago Summit Declaration issued by the Heads of State and Government participating in the meeting of the North Atlantic Council in Chicago on 20 May 201220 May. 2012
- Lisbon Summit Declaration issued by the Heads of State and Government participating in the meeting of the North Atlantic Council in Lisbon20 Nov. 2010
- Active Engagement, Modern Defence - Strategic Concept for the Defence and Security of the Members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation adopted by Heads of State and Government in Lisbon19 Nov. 2010
- Media backgrounder - Cyber Defence (October 2013)
PDF / 287.11 kb
- Defending the networks: The NATO Policy on Cyber Defence - 4 Oct. 2011
PDF / 139.72 kb
- Tackling New Security Challenges31 Jan. 2012