Security rules for the use of personal computers
- Readers may use portable personal computers (of the laptop or palmtop type).
- The owner of the device shall keep it under his/her physical control at all times. Portable computers left unattended in the building will be treated by the security guards as suspect parcels.
- In order to avoid hazards from loose wires, the computers may only be battery operated.
- It is not allowed to connect the portable computer by laplink to one of the PC of the Reading Room
- Subject to the Reading Room supervisor's authorisation, the reader may use his/her portable computer (if equipped with a CD drive) to read and copy documents from a CD of the Reading Room. Alternatively he/she may copy documents from a PC of the Reading Room to a personal diskette.
- Readers are responsible for the protection of their own computer against computer viruses and other malicious software; noting that up-to-date anti-virus software, with on-access scanning, is installed on the PC of the Reading Room.