NATO Internship Programme
NATO Standardization Agency (NSA)
NSA Policy and Coordination Branch
The Policy and Coordination Branch, headed by the Deputy Director is, under the authority of the Director NSA, responsible for the external and internal co-ordination within the NATO Standardization Organisation (NSO). In particular:
- assists the Director in promoting and coordinating standardization activities;
- conducts the overall external coordination for the Agency and providing policy guidance to the NSA Branches;
- directs and supervises the work of the other Branches through the Co-ordination Steering Committee;
- coordinates of the annual NATO Standardization Organization work plans and the NATO Committee for Standardization’s report to the Council;
- monitors and ensures the timely follow-on to the various tasks assigned to the NSA Branches;
What could an internship in the NSA be like?
As an intern in support of the P&C Branch of the NSA, you would integrate a small, but very dynamic office, covering diverse functions related to standardization in support of interoperability of Alliance capabilities.
In particular, you would be required to:
- Support the projected outreach engagements of the NSA, by supporting the NSA attendance in all high level HQ meetings dealing with Policy, Defence Planning, Interoperability, and developing comprehensive communication plans. Support the creation of media packages, to include press advisories, messaging for interviews, and short articles for the NSA Internet web page. This task will require a creative approach to research and development through all available means: data bases, Internet, publications and NATO organisations, including the PDD Media Operations Centre.
- Assist with the logistics of setting up media events, proactively engaging with external organisations and internal NATO departments.
Working in the NSA will give you an in-depth, comprehensive view of all NATO interoperability and standardization issues. Exposure to current NATO and Civil standardization and public diplomacy will allow you an outstanding opportunity to develop your personal experience in a unique organization such as NATO, which, in addition, is experiencing an extremely interesting transformation period to adjust to present and future challenges.
Your team-work skills will also be challenged by the multinational, multicultural environment that will undoubtedly encourage you to take a 360 degree mental approach in your cooperation efforts.