Defending against cyber attacks
High resolution photos
- Security Policies 2.0: Can Facebook, Twitter and Co Make an Impact, - Stefanie Babst - Atlantic-Community.org - 6 Sept. 2011
- NATO Secretary General and young professionals discuss new security challenges - 19 November 2010
- "NATO Builds Its Cyberdefenses" - Article by SACT General Abrial outlining NATO’s cyberdefence efforts in the New York Times op-ed
Last updated: 09-Oct-2012 13:51
Jamie Shea in the spotlight : Q&A with Dr Jamie Shea on emerging security challenges
11 Mar. 2014
Dr Jamie Shea has been working with NATO since 1980 in a wide range of areas including external relations, press and media, and policy planning, and currently serves as Deputy Assistant Secretary General for the Emerging Security Challenges Division. This division was established in 2010 to deal with a growing range of non-traditional risks and challenges including terrorism, the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, cyber defence and energy security.
Building cyber defence expertise in Moldova
13 Jan. 2014
Cyber threats know no borders and are of increasing concern. Training and education is fundamental for improving the defence of networks across Allied and partner countries. Cyber defence is a key priority area of cooperation for Moldova. In January, a group of Moldovan system/network administrators took part in a two-week training course in Turkey to build expertise and improve the ability to strengthening the defence of critical infrastructure.
Sharing malware information to defeat cyber attacks
29 Nov. 2013
Belgium is the lead nation for a new NATO Smart Defence project designed to help defeat cyber attacks. The Malware Information Sharing Platform (MISP) will facilitate information sharing of the technical characteristics of malware within a trusted community without having to share details of an attack.
- Chicago Summit Declaration issued by the Heads of State and Government participating in the meeting of the North Atlantic Council in Chicago on 20 May 201220 May. 2012
- Lisbon Summit Declaration issued by the Heads of State and Government participating in the meeting of the North Atlantic Council in Lisbon20 Nov. 2010
- Active Engagement, Modern Defence - Strategic Concept for the Defence and Security of the Members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation adopted by Heads of State and Government in Lisbon19 Nov. 2010
- Media backgrounder - Cyber Defence (October 2013)
PDF / 287.11 kb
- Defending the networks: The NATO Policy on Cyber Defence - 4 Oct. 2011
PDF / 139.72 kb
- Tackling New Security Challenges31 Jan. 2012