Permanent Representative – Hungary
Born August 1956, Budapest, Hungary.
Graduate of the State University of Maryland / College Park, Md., USA.
1977-78 Teacher´s Assistant at the University of Maryland.
From December 1978 : works at the Hungarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
- 1978-1980 at the Political Department for Africa,
- 1980-81 at the Political Department for the Middle-East,
- 1981-85 Cultural and Press Attaché at the Hungarian Embassy in Baghdad,
- 1985-86 Desk Officer for the Hungarian-French relations,
- 1987-88 Desk Officer for the Hungarian-Italian relations,
- 1988-1993 Deputy-Chief of Mission at the Hungarian Embassy in Rome
- 1990-1991 Consul-General to the Republic of San Marino
- 1993, Director of the Political Department No. 8 /Southern-Western Europe/,
- 1994, Director of the Political Department No.1 /North-America, Northern-Europe and Israel/.
- 1995-1999 Consul-General in New York
- 1999 Deputy Director, Department of EU Political Relations / in charge of Internal and External EU communication strategy
- July 2002 Director, Department for EU Communication
- February 2003-October 2007 Ambassador to Italy, Malta and San Marino
- From October 15, 2007 Head of the Foreign Minister’s Cabinet
- April, 2009 nominated Permanent Representative to NATO
Speaks English, French, Italian and Spanish.
Has two sons and two daughters.