It encompasses a network of interconnected systems to detect, track, classify, identify and monitor airborne objects, and – if necessary – to intercept them using surface-based or airborne weapons systems.
NATO Integrated Air and Missile Defence
NATO Integrated Air and Missile Defence refers to the integration of capabilities and overlapping operations of all services to defend all Alliance territory, populations and forces. Its intent is to ensure freedom of action by negating an opponent’s ability to achieve adverse effects using its air and missile capabilities.
Last updated: 04-Apr-2013 14:39
- Norwegian jets take on NATO’s peacetime preparedness mission over Iceland27 Jan. 2014
- Tenth anniversary of NATO’s Air Policing mission in the Baltic States 08 Jan. 2014
- The Baltic air policing mission changes command01 Sep. 2012
- Fighter jets secure airspace of the Baltic countries28 Mar. 2012
- NATO Secretary General welcomes agreement on Baltic Air Policing08 Feb. 2012